The 26th annual Oregon Mountain Cruise Car Show is taking place June 12-13. If it gets you in the spirit to buy and fix up your own car, we can help! Here are some tips on how to find the perfect classic car for fixing up and how to keep it safe in Northwest storage units.
5 Tips on Buying a Classic Car in Hillsboro Oregon
- If you see rust, walk the other way. Don’t spend your money on a car with rust holes in the trunk and floors. You’ll end up spending more on repairs than you would
buyinga nicer car. A few bubbles and rust spots aren’t a big deal, just avoid buying a car lacking any hope at all.
- Check the production numbers. Always check the production numbers before buying. Look for cars that manufacturers didn’t produce in mass amounts. A car with a lower production number will have a higher value, which has the potential to bring you more money if you decide to sell it in the future.
- Pick a car from the 80s. If you’re looking for an investment, buy an 80s performance car like a Buick Grand National or a Camaro IROC-Z. You can even buy a Mazda RX-7 FC3S and fix it up with aftermarket parts that will make it stand out and outperform many of the cars on the road today.
- Don’t buy what you don’t want to drive. Just because a car is a classic doesn’t mean you’ll want to drive it. Instead, choose something that you’re itching to drive. If you decide to fix it up and sell it, you’ll get just as many people wanting to buy the car and drive it for themselves.
- Upgrade a classic with modern features. Buy a car from the 50s, 60s or 70s, and upgrade it with power windows, door
locksand other modern features. Adding these features will not only make the car exhilarating to drive but also increase its value. Upgraded features on a car that normally wouldn’t have them provide something to show off at the Oregon Mountain Cruise Car Show.
Storing Your Classic Car in Hillsboro, Oregon
Protect your investment by storing it at Northwest Self Storage in Hillsboro. We have storage facilities that shield your classic car from the sun’s rays and rescue it from the dreaded humidity. You can also use the storage facilities to store tools, parts and other items while working on your car. After the car show, park your classic in a Northwest Self Storage unit, and have peace of mind knowing that it’s safe and secure 24 hours a day.