Do you typically head east to Multnomah Falls or stay closer to
Stash Before You Hike
You don’t have to be a
- Keep things easy to find in clear plastic storage bins with lids and bright labels.
- Organize boxes by
triptype so you can quickly retrieve the right gear.
- Use clothes racks as hanging storage for extra backpacks and laced boots.
- Don’t risk damaging gear with an indoor avalanche from boxes stacked too high.
- Put the things you retrieve most often just inside the unit door.
Camp Without Clutter
A campout at Oxbow Park shouldn’t start with digging through a cluttered garage. Give your equipment room to breathe between adventures in
- Make sure tents and sleeping bags stay fresh by storing them clean, dry, and off the floor.
- Stash small things like extra batteries and matches inside spare tackle boxes.
- Use tool boxes to organize larger items like flashlights and cooking gadgets.
- Keep trekking poles handy and out of the way in tall plastic trash cans.
Make It Memorable
With so many options for hiking and camping across Multnomah County, a storage unit becomes a home away from home. Why not personalize that space with pictures, printouts, and a little tape? Put up maps of your favorite trails so that you can fine-tune plans while you pack your gear. Post a spreadsheet that tracks where you’ve been and where you still want to go. Make every trip to the unit more fun by decorating the walls with memories of your favorite routes, overnights, and weekend campouts.
Stay Ready to Go
A day spent hiking through our beautiful Pacific Northwest is always a day to remember. Keep your outdoor adventures just around the corner with the best storage units in Gresham, OR. Whenever you’re ready to blaze a trail, you know your gear is ready to go here at Northwest Self Storage.