Keep Your Dorm Room Looking Neat With These Organizing Tips
As a student here at Oregon State University, you have every right to brag about your home away from home. With the magnificent Cascade Range as a backdrop, campus life is always good on the banks of the Willamette River. Still, dorm rooms get cluttered, and you may need help staying organized. Northwest Self Storage presents five fun ideas to use in conjunction with storage units around Corvallis, OR to help you keep it all under control.
- Invest in Smart Seating - Most big box stores carry small, inexpensive foot stools with removable tops that double as mini storage. They make great seating in a cramped dorm room and they give you a clever place to stash things. Look for models with outside pockets to expand organizing options.
- Turn Walls Into File Cabinets - Store paper stuff that you only need occasionally in a climate-controlled storage facility and use your dorm room walls for everything else. Decorate book-sized, four-sided file pockets and stick them to the wall with removable mounting putty. This keeps all your papers within easy reach.
- Get More Out of the Closet - Between your favorite OSU Beavers jerseys and great collection of jeans, that dorm room closet fills up fast. You don't need a math degree to multiply your options with tiered hangers. These handy closet-savers are inexpensive, so stock up and save space.
- Stay Organized With Magnetism - Those magnetic strips that hold kitchen knives on walls work really well as dorm room organizers. Customize the strips with small metal containers, and use them to keep track of everything from desk supplies to vending machine change.
- Charge Up Out of Sight - Run the cord of a power strip over and out the back of your nightstand's top drawer. Plug it in, and you have a built-in charging station. This hack gives your electronics real security too. In case of a power surge, gadgets in the drawer are protected even when they're charging.
When the semester winds down and you're headed back home, make the transition easier with affordable self storage to hold things right here. Why pack up and haul belongings back and forth when you can stash stuff in a climate-controlled unit? Let us keep everything handy for you here at Northwest Self Storage. We're just around the corner.
NEXT: Get Your Hobby On in Corvallis